Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I Heart This

This was really simple. I took this wood frame...

Painted it with cream acrylic paint, roughed it up and stained it. I like to use an old sock to lightly wipe on the stain instead of painting it on with a brush and wiping it off. The sock helps to control the application. Of course I don't have any pictures of this...I will get better at this craft blogging.

The next step is to cut out a piece cardboard or cardstock, I used a cereal box. Then wrap it in burlap using hot glue. I bought my burlap at Hobby Lobby.


Put the burlap inside the frame. I used tape to keep it in place, I'm sloppy like that.
Then I hot glued three hearts out of buttons. I was going to fill in the center, but I didn't have enough buttons. I think it turned out cute and gave me that country look I love so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment